Sunday 2 June 2013

My brother's funeral

Yesterday I buried my half brother.

It was a tremendously sad occasion and we will all miss him so much. He got hot by a car so it was far too early for him to leave us.

My family is complicated. My father was married before he met my mother and had two children. I am not close or out to my dad's side of the family. I imagine they all know because a 30 year old who has never had a girlfriend implies something.

Sitting at the wake it dawned to me what an idiot I had been. I realised how much this side of the family love me and probably do not care that I am gay. I have always avoided these family occasions and I think I have been foolish. I think I have shut these people out because I have not fully accepted myself and my sexuality. By not being honest with them I have given myself an excuse to self loathe.

His death has reminded me that life is short and so you better start living!

R.I.P.


2 comments:

  1. take it easy, mate. sometimes its fate. take your time to live your life the way u want it to be. no point of rushing it.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks that is very kind of you xx

    ReplyDelete