Thursday 2 May 2013

London

This is it. A job offer in London confirmed this week. This is not just to keep my brain active and get me earning again. It is a chance to start a new chapter in my life.

I had the best time of my life, I had the worse time of my life when I last lived in London. It helped me discover myself and I had great nights out. But I got myself in debt because I was not looking after myself. I was chasing a body fascist circuit boy culture and I was lonely.

I left London to take up an exciting contract in the Midlands. I needed to get out to work out what I wanted in life. The Midlands did not treat me well. I drank even more and was even more lonely. However, I kind of got myself together and joined a few LGBT social groups. I started to meet new and different people away from the scene. I think this has made me stronger and help me decide what I want in life.

With help from my parents, I am going to decide to not move back to the gay ghetto of South West London and head towards the docks. I will still have access to the scene but will not need to live by it. There are a number of things I am going to have to deal with.

1) Start getting out of debt. I have a large credit card debt that I need to tackle by dealing with it sensibly.
2) Make more of my friends. I lived too much for the scene but I realised I missed a lot of London.
3) Get back into strength training and throwing
4) Look into seeing a therapist

I think once I have stability I will emotionally move on and be happier but there is a lot of effort on my part. Who knows, I may even have a chance of a relationship.

It is now time to start living and stop reflecting!



No comments:

Post a Comment