Tuesday 21 May 2013

Becoming Friends

A few years ago I had a drunken one night stand with a very minor London gay celebrity (if you could call him one). We met in a club and had a great time and tried to have sex when we got back to his but we were so wasted it did not really work. I thought at the time, 'great, we can be good friends'. He thought differently and wanted to start dating. He is a lovely, attractive guy but I just do not think the chemistry was right. I told him I thought we would be good friends and he went mad and lost contact.

A few months ago, he added me on Facebook again and we started chatting again. Unfortunately, after a period of getting on well, he started to come on strongly again and left the ball in my court to sort out a date. Although he could be a great mate, I think he only wants a relationship with me which suggests that friendship is off the table.



I do not know if it is something I do but sometimes I struggle to turn one night stands or gay guys I meet into friendships and it is especially frustrating if there is a bit of banter. It is a shame that some gay men can get like this but I suppose it might be an insecurity. Friendship is almost always better over a relationship that is not quite right.


1 comment:

  1. try and get to know him better if he's really worth your while to start a relationship.
    If you don't think he's right for you, then better off with it.
    I highly think that he's being insecure.

    ReplyDelete